Simply after I thought I couldn’t fall additional in love, crispy Air Fryer Asparagus waltzes into the kitchen and swoon. I’m a goner over again.
Asparagus was the primary inexperienced vegetable I preferred as a child, because of my grammy letting me be the one to shake the pan of Roasted Asparagus when she cooked it for household dinners.
The truth that she served it with a creamy sauce (Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip anybody?) most likely helped too.
As an grownup, I’ve expanded to get pleasure from each number of Oven Roasted Greens.
We eat them each day, both with dinner or reheated at lunch, so I assumed veggies and my relationship would keep regular.
After which…I received an air fryer.
It was love over again!
From crispy Air Fryer Candy Potato Fries (I imply come on) to almost-charred Air Fryer Broccoli to sweet caramelized Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts, the air fryer has opened a brand new, scrumptious avenue for us to get our 5 servings of veggies a day and love them.
I’ve been slowly working my manner via air fryer recipes, the most recent and best of which is crispy air fried asparagus.
When the climate doesn’t permit for Grilled Asparagus, I’m completely satisfied to have this lightning-fast technique to cook dinner crispy asparagus.
The right way to Make Air Fryer Asparagus
Air fry asparagus time is 6 to eight minutes at 400 levels F, relying upon the thickness of your stalks and your air fryer mannequin. (I made my air fryer asparagus in a Ninja air fryer.)
- For the reason that air fryer solely wants about 3 minutes to preheat, which means you possibly can have a wholesome aspect dish on the desk, stat.
- Additional, the air fryer wants little or no oil to crisp meals. This can be a excessive fiber, low-fat recipe you possibly can really feel nice including to any meal.
You may range the seasonings on the asparagus, add cheese (air fryer asparagus with Parmesan is our favourite), or get pleasure from easy asparagus with salt and pepper.
No matter course you are taking, it’s positive to be crispy and delicious.
- Asparagus. The principle occasion! Full of fiber and nutritional vitamins, asparagus is extraordinarily wholesome.
- Olive Oil. Helps the asparagus crisp and provides taste. A bit of oil is all you want for greens within the air fryer.
- Salt + Pepper. Easy seasonings that permit the asparagus shine.
- Dried Thyme. Deliciously earthy and savory.
- Parmesan. Ending your asparagus with Parmesan is non-compulsory, however I’d be remiss if I didn’t share how really tasty it’s.
- Lemon Juice. Whereas non-compulsory, a squeeze of contemporary lemon juice provides great brightness and acidity to the asparagus.
- Crimson Pepper Flakes. One other non-compulsory addition. We benefit from the tiny kick it provides the asparagus.
- Snap off the ends of the asparagus.
- Toss the asparagus with oil, salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Lay half of the spears within the basket of an air fryer.
- Air fry asparagus at 400 levels F for six to eight minutes, tossing midway. Repeat with the remaining asparagus. End with Parmesan, lemon juice, and pink pepper flakes. ENJOY!
Methods to Season Air Fried Asparagus
- Spicy Air Fryer Asparagus. If you happen to’re a fan of spice, use further pink pepper flakes.
- Italian Air Fryer Asparagus. Add 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning to the asparagus.
- Air Fryer Asparagus Bacon. Take a notice from Bacon Wrapped Asparagus, and use bacon so as to add taste to your asparagus. Crumble Oven Baked Bacon or Air Fryer Bacon over your cooked asparagus.
- Garlicky Air Fryer Asparagus. Add Roasted Garlic to your completed asparagus or add 1/2 to 1 teaspoon garlic powder to your seasoning combine.
- Air Fryer Asparagus with Herbs. End the asparagus with a sprinkle of chopped basil, thyme, dill, or parsley.
- To Retailer. Refrigerate asparagus in an hermetic storage container for as much as 5 days.
- To Reheat. Gently rewarm leftovers on a baking sheet within the oven at 350 levels F or within the air fryer.
- To Freeze. Freeze asparagus in an hermetic freezer-safe storage container for as much as 3 months. Let thaw in a single day within the fridge earlier than reheating.
Meal Prep Tip
As much as 1 day prematurely, snap the woody stems off of the asparagus spears. Refrigerate them till you’re prepared to complete the recipe.
What to Serve with Air Fried Asparagus
Beneficial Instruments to Make this Recipe
The Greatest Air Fryer
With its extra-large dimension and quite a few cooking strategies, this air fryer is right for any recipes you need to attempt.
Spark up your veggie love life with crispy air fryer asparagus!
Incessantly Requested Questions
No, you don’t want to blanch the asparagus earlier than air frying it. This recipe will cook dinner the asparagus completely with none want for blanching.
In case your asparagus seems soggy and stringy, it’s seemingly overcooked. Asparagus can overcook in a short time, so be sure to control it (particularly in case your spears are very skinny). One other reason for soggy asparagus is that you might have crowded an excessive amount of throughout cooking.
If you happen to want to make asparagus in air fryer with butter, you possibly can swap it for the olive oil. (This may be delicious with garlic added too.)
- 1 pound asparagus I want the thickest stalk I can discover
- 1 teaspoon further virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan cheese non-compulsory
- Squeeze contemporary lemon juice non-compulsory
- Pinch pink pepper flakes non-compulsory
- TO STORE: Refrigerate asparagus in an hermetic storage container for as much as 5 days.
- TO REHEAT: Gently rewarm leftovers on a baking sheet within the oven at 350 levels F or within the microwave.
- TO FREEZE: Freeze asparagus in an hermetic freezer-safe storage container for as much as 3 months. Let thaw in a single day within the fridge earlier than reheating.
Serving: 1(of two); with out non-compulsory toppingsEnergy: 64kcalCarbohydrates: 9gProtein: 5gFats: 2gSaturated Fats: 1gPolyunsaturated Fats: 1gMonounsaturated Fats: 1gPotassium: 461mgFiber: 5gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 1720IUVitamin C: 13mgCalcium: 58mgIron: 5mg
Be a part of in the present day and begin saving your favourite recipes
Create an account to simply save your favourite tasks and tutorials.